Academic Preparatory School at WWSIS „Horyzont” (APS) offers one-year intensive language courses open to the public.
1. Each course lasts 2 semesters, the classes are taught Monday through Thursday, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. All the courses start on October 15th and end on July 15th.
2. There are two languages on offer (Polish or English) and two target proficiency levels: elementary (A2) and advanced (B2). Before enrolling, the student chooses the language and the proficiency level. If the student is not sure which level to choose they may consult our APS coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 696 678 579), who will assess their proficiency level.
3. The students may, after two semesters of instruction, take (at their own request) a final exam (free of charge) which will test their current proficiency level. After passing the exam they receive a certificate specifying their attained proficiency level (A2 or B1).
4. Class attendance is not mandatory and will not be checked. The students are free to adapt their class schedule to their work schedule as they see fit.
5. The tuition fee for the entire course is 4500 Zlotys. Citizens of Schengen area countries may choose to pay in 10 or 12 monthly instalments. Citizens of other countries are supposed to pay up front for the entire course. The deadline for payment is October 25th.
6. The courses are open to the public and the formalities are minimal. The documents that the student is required to submit include:
- Filled-out candidate questionnaire – CLICK here
- Xerox copy of passport
- In the case of underaged candidates (below 18 years of age) – a written consent for enrolling in an intensive language course run by WWSIS Academic Preparatory School, signed by the student’s parent or legal guardian.
- 2 signed copies of the Learning Agreement – CLICK here
After submitting the documents at the Dean’s Office the candidate has 7 working days to pay the tuition fee.
7. PLEASE NOTE: Citizens of countries from outside the Schengen area who wish to receive a letter of acceptance that they may submit while applying for the student visa can receive the letter only after signing the contract and paying the tuition fee. If they are denied the student visa, WWSIS will reimburse them for the course after deducting 10% of the tuition fee (the charge for the administrative costs), that is 450 Zlotys. In order to receive the reimbursement the student must produce a written document from the Embassy, Consulate, or visa centre stating that s/he has been refused the student visa.
8. If you have any questions feel free to email the APS coordinator: email@example.com